Monday, August 25, 2008

One Year Ago

Friday, August 29th, will mark the one year anniversary of when my Mother went into the ER. It will also be the three month anniversary of her death. My intention for this blog is to help others who unfortunately are going through the health care maze with their own parents or family members. My family and I have learned a lot about life, hospitals, care giving, the importance of friends and family, lung cancer and a host of other very important topics during the past 8 years. I have not only lived it personally but also professionally. I am the President of Apple Care and Companion, a non medical home care agency located in Dallas. My Mom, a licensed social worker, was the Administrator. We were fortunate enough to have worked together for about 18 wonderful months.

No comments: